09 April 2012

Light hearted fun or downright paedophilic..?

I don't know if anyone has heard the song "Yareet Senk" (which directly translates to "I wish your age..") by Amr Diab but I heard it a while ago and I was a little taken aback by the lyrics - they are soo dodge! He's basically confessing his undying love to a girl of undisclosed age. All he says is that he wishes she was 2 years older.

The thing that sickens me a little is that he says he wishes she was older but he wants her to stay looking the same. Is it just me or is that really wrong?


Anyway, here is a rough translation of the words but it to me it sounds even worse in Arabic :S

"I wish your age was two years older ... because you are so young
Wish you were older .. but nothing of your (body) changes
Your love stays the same ... and your colour stays the same
Your eyes barely open.. from this moment they are so confusing

Oh the soul of my soul, how beautiful you walk
Oh the soul of my soul, the feather that have painted you
Oh the light of your heart, sweet light
It filled me with one touch

If only I was not a good person..
Then nothing would stop me
If only I was not a good person..
Then nothing would stop me

With innocence you wave for me "watch out"
And I see you, and you take my heart with your beauty
You have such a look! Oh masha'Allah..
Just as if you're a famous star

And because of how much I'm taken by you..
I took a photo of you with my eyes..."

Well at least the anti-ageing ad on the video made me chuckle...

15 comments:

Mona Zenhom said...

You are not alone! I felt the same way the first time I heard it. Pervy at the very least!

StylishMuslimah said...

Mona: Ah good to hear it! Yehh plus he's really old, ew man.

Melissa said...

Ew, creepy!

Beatriz said...

Creepy? Understatement!

My Own Fairytale said...

yuk, that`s a little nasty :-S

XO Arezu

Al-salaam alaikum said...

Dude looks 100% gay.

StylishMuslimah said...

No, he's married with children.

beingFab said...

Ewwww!!! That is so...ewww!!!! (for lack of a better word). Psycho perv!!!

washi said...

LOL at the comments! If I had daughters, I wouldn't let them near him that's for sure!

anonymous said...

i dont know what kind of difference he thinks 2 years will make haha

and the lyrics "if only i wasn't a good person " made me LOL

StylishMuslimah said...

Sarah: Hahahaa! Your comment cracked me up xD It's true though, I'm trying to figure out at which age (apart from infancy) 2 years extra is going to make such huge difference.

Salam x

Anonymous said...

"Wish you were older .. but nothing of your (body) changes"

Ewww! Creepily specific!

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom,

Amr Diab is a highly respected Egyptian singer. He is also much loved. He's a cool guy; not a creepy guy so I'm not sure how that could become so misconstrued. He's 50 years old and looks REALLY good for that!

Is he singing about himself? No. You're right that he's married and a dad. Amr Diab is singing for the young guy who is going to be playing his songs. The young guy who is thinking that some young school girl is not old enough to consider marriage. Those two years (between 16 and 18) make a BIG difference.

There is a sweetness in girls which gets lost by maturing. They turn haughty and loose that fresh-faced youthful beauty. I see it. I'm surprised no one else has.

As for the comment that he, "looks gay." Astragferallah, Sis. No need to throw hate around! If you were to come to Egypt, you'd be saying that alot. The men here take care of themselves and dress well. You'd really freak if you saw them hold hands or kiss! They are simply in a different world than you.

Different...doesn't mean bad.

StylishMuslimah said...

Yosra: Totally agree! Arab men are kind of like that in general to be honest!

Salam x

Anonymous said...

@Yosra, woow really, is he 50 years old, I wouldn't have guessed. I always thought him to be much younger.