30 October 2011

Arguing In Islam

Source

The Prophet (S) said:

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind."

[Narrated by Muslim and Bukhari]

I guarantee a house in the outskirts of Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a house in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even when joking or for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”

[Narrated by Imam Abu Dawud]

When I read these I felt sickened with myself.

Who am I to dictate who does what on their blog when I didn't create my eyes, hands or brain, without which I could do nothing let alone make some outfit on Polyvore and then complain because my pride can't handle that somebody else is taking credit for it? 

I forgot that my goal in writing this blog was for Allah (SWT) and to better myself as a Muslim, not to inflate my ego.

I am sorry that I tried to stir up fitnah just to get my own back on somebody who had damaged my pride.

I get why there is such reward for controlling oneself in an argument. The more I live the more I seem to realise how much of a slave I am to my own weaknesses and that when it comes down to the important things in life, I know next to nothing.

I am sorry to have wasted your time and my blog space - which could have been filled with something positive and pleasing to Allah (SWT) - on useless gossip.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

May Allah(swt) reward you and guide you for your nobility, and also for sharing this info with us.

Salaam

teeraljannah said...

I must have missed something, but the reminder is great. JazakAllahu khair!

A fellow Muslimah Sister said...

Alhumdhulillah. To say what you have just written takes a lot of humility + wisdom. You have learnt a lot from this experience. I wrote the "Enough" response to that blog. Words can not express what I'm feeling for you + with you right now except what more to say than Alhumdhulillah again? Now have some mercy on yourself - we all make mistakes. The important thing is what lesson do we take from any negative situation + can we turn it into something good? I think you have just done that + have set a good example by writing what you have just written. It's a good reminder for all of us - we are here for the remembrance of Allah SWT. Wish I could give you a hug :) May Allah SWT always guide you.

Aisha said...

wow this was a reminder for me . beautiful post sister . you know we get caught up so much in this life we forget what were really here for .
were all humans we make mistakes.
Love Aisha

Ceci said...

"who abandons lying even when joking or for the sake of fun"

What do you think that means?

StylishMuslimah said...

A fellow Muslimah Sister: Aw thank you, yeh your other comment made me feel quite bad actually :/ But thanks, I needed it :D

Ceci: Somebody who doesn't lie for the sake of a laugh.

Salam x

Anonymous said...

Zainab
Honestly reading this made me extremely ashamed of myself..forgive me.......

---Aliya

A fellow Muslimah Sister said...

Consider yourself hugged :D
May you have a wonderful week leading up to Eid Inshallah.

Hans said...

Hats off to you sis.. May Allah guide and guard us in all we do..

ZoZa said...

AWW DONT BE TOO HARSH ON UR SELF. REMEMBER EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES. NEVER LOOK BACK WHERE YOU SLIPT, LOOK BACK AT HOW YOU SLIPT. I LUV THAT SAYING!^

SALAM, ZAINAB

Labella Iman said...

Mashaallah! May Allah Reward you and accept your repentance Ameen! It takes a lot to admit when you are in the wrong, but even giving up arguing when you are right is a beautiful thing. Thank you for this beautiful reminder! It just makes everything Negative in life look so... Insignificant Jazakaallahu Khair!

-Iman

www.Labellaiman.com

Ceci said...

What I actually meant was, that how does it show in real life? You're forbidden to tell funny stories if they're made up or what?

Anonymous said...

Salaams...I am very glad you posted this. This is going to save me a lot of aggravation and heartache knowing the reward for me just shutting my mouth is going to have in the end. This is why I get on the blogs. Its more than just fashion, it keeps me going when I need those reminders.

Shukrun

StylishMuslimah said...

Aliya: It's fine man, you don't need to apologise. I hope that we can put this behind us :)

Ceci: Say you make something up about somebody just for a laugh, or you stretch the truth about something that happened to you just to make it sound better, etc..

Salam x

Fatima said...

How cute! I would do one, but everyone is giving me crap on my blog, my gosh its so annoying!
-Leila

StylishMuslimah said...

Leila: Why? Just carry on doing what you're doing and moderate their comments out and they will eventually tire.

Salam x

Zara Writes said...

May allah help us all to better ourselves I think as females we find it near to necessary to complain about things that aren't right but inshallah for the sake of Allah we should try to avoid this x

Fatima said...

Yeah, your right, I am not going to close down my blog because of this. Well, I am glad we are ok with each other now. If we were still fighting I would have lost a really nice online buddy :)
Anywho, everybody who doesnt know, my blog is hijabafied.blogspot.com
So you can visit, and gimme advice too as I am still new :D

-Leila

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm Leila's twin sister here, and although my name is Aliya, and I agree with the comment above, I am not that Aliya! I think, Zainab, you thought i was her..

--Aliya :)

StylishMuslimah said...

Oh so you didn't apologise.. Lol, figures.

Fatima said...

Lol, what she meant to say was she felt that way but when she came over she saw that it was posted and got confused...
Well, she is sorry though!

-Leila

Anonymous said...

...I said I agree but that wasnt me...lol, that was odd....who wrote that one?