08 August 2011

The Bisht Abaya


I love the bisht abaya - it is traditional and the cut is modest yet elegant. I bought two on my recent trip to umrah as I usually wear them to the mosque.


Below, are examples of bisht abayas. The abaya is essentially two very large pieces of material sewn together whereby the main body of the abaya extends over most of the sleeve area. If you were to stand with your arms stretched outward in a bisht abaya it would look like a massive square with short arms sticking out on either side..



Although more expensive than what you would pay over there, Sunnah Style sells some nice plain bisht abayas for those of you who want one but aren't going to Arabia any time soon.



An outfit idea..
Bisht Abaya

8 comments:

äмän ♥ said...

very Nicee <3
http://my-littlee-secrets.blogspot.com/

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

I LOVE bisht abayaat and farasha (which come from the bisht stye) which of course, evolved from the overhead Raas abaya. Bisht is a bit more in style than farasha though.

I find them so comfy and easy to wear if not doing something where one needs to worry about fabric getting caught anywhere.

❤ αmαℓ said...

I thought these were called butterfly abaya hahah

Either way, I really like this type of abaya. Nice polyvore set :)

StylishMuslimah said...

Amal: The bisht style is more squared off than the butterfly style, they are very similar though. Salam :)

Aiman said...

mashALLAH very nice

Anonymous said...

Mashallah some rally nice looking abayah's here. Nice blog too. Glad I came across it.

Anonymous said...

also known as kaftans :)

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alIkum..im mariyam.. I wanted help badly!! I hv been searching fr bisht everywhere..buy online wont be so easy.. I wish someone who owns a bisht would let me know the pattern so that i could get it stiched on time for my wedding..(btw its within a month..so pleeeease)... I wanted to make some changes in d pattern so please guys..tell me hw many meters required and also a rough outline for getting it stiched...pleeeeeeeease!!! Thanx